Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pearl #9 and a bonus...

Last night was my regular Friday night out with my Scrappy Sistas and we were celebrating the birthday of one of our own. All in all, a good night with lots of laughs. I managed to get 2 layouts done which was quite a feat what with all the chit-chatting, dinner running a bit late and just carrying on. One of the layouts was for the Mojo this week at Scrapbook Steals (Pearl #9b, as there were 2 sketches this week). I love the pictures I used on this one and totally played up the vibrant colors of Alexis' surroundings. Here is my take on the sketch (turned sideways and changed a little bit):


Unfortunately this week I did not take note of the papers I used (and some have been in my stash for some time). I can tell you that the 2 papers used to mat the pictures were from the Mango Frost papers by DCWV, but that's about all I can name. I love how bright and happy this turned out. A great sketch to work with!

Here is another layout I did from Labor Day Weekend when we were in the Lake George area in NY. My older daughter, Erica, loves the water and proceeded to "catch rocks" while in it. She made me laugh when I asked her if she was catching them and she said, "Yeah!". She brings a smile to my lips on a daily basis with her enthusiasm. 


For this layout I used papers from Kaisercraft (the Rock Pool collection). I love the more muted colors...they just have a warm natural feel to them. Plus, there are lots of great little cards with sayings that add nice embellishment to the pages. The background papers are from My Mind's Eye (Kraft Funday line) which were the perfect backdrop.

I am very current with these layouts because the pictures are from this past week. Although...I should probably get back to some of the baby pictures for Erica from a few years ago....no pressure!

No comments:

Post a Comment