Thursday, November 22, 2012

Christmas Card for 2012

Last year I took a "Make 'n Take" at my LSS and decided I wanted to "steal" some elements of the card we made for the next card I would send out for Christmas. When the Boxing Day sales hit, I bought a background stamp with snowflakes (have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE snowflake designs?), a set of angel stamps and some Perfect Pearls mist. It has now been a year and the eagerly anticipated cards got started last night while cropping with friends. I knew exactly what inks I wanted to use to color the card. So, I started with plain white cardstock, stamped and embossed the snowflake background and then blended my 3 different ink colors. I then stamped and embossed the angel and sentiment to stick on the front of the card. I am quite happy with the look. It's softer than I usually go, but I love the colors and that they are non-traditional for Christmas. All that is left to do is spritz the Perfect Pearls for that final overall sheen. I have managed to finish putting together 6 cards and get the pieces all ready for another 10. I plan to make about 40-50 this year (last year was just over 70 and I had some leftovers). So, here it is:
I am also submitting this for The Paper Girls Challenge Blog (#20). This is definitely Christmas themed.

Here are the items I used:
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dusty Concord), VersaColor (35 Lilac) and Studio G Chalks (a baby blue color)

No comments:

Post a Comment