Saturday, March 5, 2011

Back in Time...


I decided to work on another page for the wedding album. This time I did a picture of myself (that doesn't happen often). I used something new, for the very first time: an acetate overlay! Now I am asking myself, "Why did I wait so long???" I love the way it gives just another accent to the overall layout. I also used a thin strip down the middle from "Invisibles" which have great patterns on them that you get to bring to life by adding inks, paints, etc...to bring them to life. I used a soft sage color initially (and wiped off the excess with a damp tissue) and then added a bit of slate grey to give a bit more dimension. Very cool!
This was inspired by the sketch for Mojo #31 from Scrapbook Steals, even if I am late with it. I am quite pleased with the look of the velum tags, which are nice and soft and don't compete with anything else on the page. I think I am going to have to use more overlays and velum in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment