Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's All About Me :)

I am sure that all you scrapbookers out there can relate with me when I say this: how often do we actually take the time to do a layout about ourselves? I'm not talking about the wedding pictures or pictures with our kids/hubby/pets...just us! It's amazing how we chronicle the every day things for everyone else, but how about something that talks about who we are? This week's Mojo for Scrapbook Steals was a simple and beautiful layout that required only one picture. As soon as I saw it I decided it was time to find a picture of me and describe myself. How else will my daughter know my background? the stuff from before she was a part of my life? even before her father and I dated and married? What made me tick? So, I found a picture from back when I was teaching in Korea. This picture was taken by a friend of mine who came to visit. We were at the temple that I lived near. Here's an interesting fact about that temple: it was the only one with strictly FEMALE monks. Very unique, indeed. Hmm, I'll have to do a layout of some of those pics because the gardens were beautiful...
Alright, so here are the sketch and my layout:




















It was kind of fun stepping back in time and thinking about who I used to be when my only responsibility was me. However, I would never trade what I have now. Life back then was hectic because I had so much to give and not always a place to focus that energy. Now I do: my husband and little girl :)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice to tell OUR story sometimes! Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete