Monday, March 12, 2012

Outside of the Box...

I have been taking my scrapbooking "outside of the box" and trying to create unique gifts for people instead of buying things for them. I love working with my hands and making something specifically for an individual, even though there is always a small part of me that is a bit scared they may not like it as much as I hope. Here is something I made for a friend who had her baby 2 weeks after mine:

Those are the actual footprints from her daughter. I had asked if I could do the imprint, but did not explain why. The wood is from the "as is" section at IKEA where they have lots of shelving and door pieces from units that were broken and damaged. You can get some nice heavy wood pieces for next to nothing (I love going through and finding pieces to use for wall hangings and frames and such). I used 3 cardstock colors and one patterned paper (Bo Bunny Smoochable) that would mimic the colors in the baby's room (I did see it in person before choosing the colors). Hopefully her mom and dad will like this and it can be a keepsake that later on in time will show just how small she really was once.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog from Facebook about the Modge Podge and this is an AMAZING gift!

    ReplyDelete