Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Another Entry in the Art Journal

Last Friday I went to my LSS, Scrapbook Centrale, and brought my scrappy stash as well as my art journal. I have to admit that I couldn't wait to get a couple of scrapbook pages done quickly (for a mini album I am working on) so that I could play with my mixed media. Here is a what I worked on:
I used 4 different Dylusions sprays (fresh lime, cut grass, calypso teal and vibrant turquoise) for the base. I love using the "drip" technique, so you can see some of the running colors that are on the page. I then used some light modelling paste with a stencil of raindrops which I sprayed with the colors again. I also used the white spray with a brick stencil which you can see in both bottom corners. I then did all the black silhouettes (with a paint dauber) and the wording for the title (using a gel gloss pen by Viva ~ which I also used for the dot border). As you can see, I outlined some of the raindrops with a white liner pen and added Stickles to others. The last piece was the stamped image of Moth Fab by Stampotique and then I colored her in with the sprays as well (using a paintbrush). 

I have to admit that I am totally in love with these sprays and went to buy 5 more colors today that I did not already have (I think I now have 14 in total). I am also starting to build my stash of stencils as I am getting more and more ideas. This journal is going to fill up quickly I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment