Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Craft Box and 2 Layouts

Tonight was productive! I started out by working on the labels for a gift for my daughter's friend - she is having a birthday party tomorrow. I bought a plastic container that will be filled with craft items. Because she loves butterflies, this is what the labels looks like:
I used Bo Bunny's new line Primrose because I didn't want the butterflies to be too "young" looking. Tyra is turning 6 and I want this to be a box she can use as she grows up. I fussy cut the butterflies and stuck them on the honeycomb patterned paper. I then used different alphas to stamp out the title. I have no idea what lines they were as they were part of the stash at my LSS. I inked the edges and then stuck the labels on each side. I hope Tyra likes her gift!



Then I moved on to layouts. I had 3 Mojos to catch up on for Scrapbook Steals and managed to get them all done tonight. Here is the first one I did. It is based on Rose #3 and #6.
I used the following papers: My Mind's Eye Abbey Road (Let's Go), Fancy Pants Rusted Sun (Indian Summer) and Crate Paper Pink Plum Collection (Peach). They all worked beautifully together. I used Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to ink all the paper edges. This was fun to put together and allowed me to scrap some old pictures.

My next layout was for Rose #2. I decided to try working with colors I don't normally put together. At first I thought it was going to be hard, but once I got started, it came together pretty quickly:
Funny thing, the day of this mojo posting, they were featuring Echo Park papers. Go figure that I ended up using Echo Park's For the Record line for this one. The cardstock is Bazzil and I used a black marker to outline everything. I love that picture because it shows the playfulness of my oldest daughter. She is too funny!

So another Friday night come and gone...I am glad I got a few things done!

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of personalized craft totes for the kids! What a great idea! Your Rose layouts are adorable. ..your kids are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely going to start personalizing more pieces in that way. Kind of nice when the gits comes in its own organizer :)

      Delete
  2. That FTR layout is awesome. Love the colors and the outlining. I am so intimidated to try that sketch out because I am not an angled scrapper, but this gives me hope that I may be able to make something I end up being happy with. Your little girl's curls are too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. Sometimes the angle thing freaks me out a bit, but notice that the picture is still straight - that makes me feel better :) Thanks for the nice comments!

      Delete