Friday, March 14, 2014

March ATCs

Another ATC swap this month. There was a vote on the theme and I wanted Mardi Gras, but the majority went with spring. Since we can choose not to do the theme, I decided I still wanted to go with Mardi Gras. Here is the first step:
I started with cardstock in limeade (my favorite green in all the cardstock - I have used it for a ton of projects). I then painted with green and purple Maya paints. I decided to go to the Book Market and buy a cheap used book to use the pages for projects. I made my own template for a mask and cut it out. I adhered it to the card with matte gel medium (from Golden). Then I decided to use a new product I just bought:
This stuff is A-MA-ZING! It goes on looking all dull and grey, but when it dries...
I love texture, so I love the effect the black lava gives. I then decided I needed something to finish off the edges. Stamp and ink were the next ingredients:
Now, what is Mardi Gras without some beads? Enter Golden's glass bead gel. Now this effect is much more subtle, but gives a cool texture as well. I added just a bit to each card (in 3 spots). Here is what it looks like:
I like it! And here are all the finished cards:
I will be shipping them off this weekend (on time!). I can't wait to see what others came up with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment