Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year - New Name - New Look

My blog was titled "Scrapbooking Wannabe" in the very beginning because that was what I was doing and I was still learning a lot of the ropes. I think that now that I am doing other things as well, having the title just be about scrapbooking was no longer appropriate. It was time to update the look as well. I think I like what I have right now, but reserve the right to change my mind.

So, we are only a few days into 2015 and I decided to start something new. On one of the Mixed Media Facebook pages that I am a part of, there is a woman (Terri Kahrs) who has been posting beautiful pages that were from weekly prompts. She inspired me to take on the Documented Life Project 2015 which is done by Art to the 5th. Without further ado, her is my first layout of 2015...

January's theme is: The Blank Page and How to Face It! The Art Challenge: book pages. The Journal Prompt: Be Your Own Goalkeeper.

I had some ideas pop into my head, but was too busy to sit down and do the pages right away, so I jotted down my ideas. This way I wouldn't lose them:
And here is how it all unfolded...First I started with some Dylusions sprays:
Then I started building my tree with ripped pieces of book pages:
Which then got painted with Dylusions sprays and white gesso:
I then used more book pages to make hearts and colored them with more sprays. Once I adhered them in place, I stamped white snowflakes and added white opaque flakes on the bottom. I then splattered white gesso on the page and added some sparkle with glitter paste (something I LOVE to use). The last pieces I added were my goals for the year, which I printed on regular paper and hung at the bottom of the strings of hearts.
I'm pretty pleased with my first foray into the DLP world. Who knows where it will take me as the weekly prompts come!




No comments:

Post a Comment