Saturday, August 3, 2013

8x10 Canvas

Last night I worked on an 8x10 canvas and was once again having fun with my Dylusions ink sprays (bubblegum pink, funky fuchsia and crushed grape). I had a butterfly stamp that I got at NSD a few years ago as part of my goodie bag that I always thought was pretty, but never thought I'd use it. Thank goodness I didn't get rid of it! Now that I am doing mixed media, I am finding uses for things I wasn't using in my scrapbooking. The stamp was from Tattered Angels (Nature in Flight).

Basically, I started by spraying the 3 colors all over the canvas and then letting them drip down a bit (I love "drippage"). Then I stamped the butterfly image on the canvas and then again on white cardstock. I colored it in using the Dylusions spray, London Blue. I went over some spots with a white pen to lighten the butterfly a bit and so that it wasn't too monochromatic. I then stuck it on the canvas using gel matte medium. I used my Gloss-gel pen to do the edges, body and antennae (as well as the "flight pattern"). I used a stencil and light molding paste to do the stars. Once they were inked and dry I added Stickles to get some sparkle. VoilĂ ! A canvas ready to be displayed:


1 comment: