Saturday, August 17, 2013

Canvas and Art Journal

I started working on 2 canvases last Friday for my office, but did not finish them. I did manage to get one of them finished tonight (it was only missing a quote). Here it is:
I used Dylusions spray inks once again (even for the hand painted grass and flowers. I used acrylic paint for the quote and Gold's Opaque Flakes on top (for some texture). This just screams "happy" to me :)

Then I decided to work in my art journal. I was totally making it up as I went along and ended up with a page I LOVE!!! This is it:

I started by pouring yellow and blue acrylic paint on one page and then folding them together to mix it around on both pages. Then I went around doing random brush strokes with my paint brush. Then I came up with an idea that to me seemed really outside of the box. Do you see that sheen on the pages? I used gel matte medium to adhere organza ribbon on the entire surface! I wish you could feel it, the texture is so cool. I am definitely going to use that idea again! I then used silver glitter paste with some stencils for the bottom left and top right corners. Next was stamping around the edges and then I painted on the quote with more acrylic paint. LOVE the end result. This was a total experiment and tons of fun. Isn't that what it's all about? (why do I suddenly hear the "Hokey Pokey" in my head???).

No comments:

Post a Comment