Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pearl #7 and more...

Here I am once again posting another Midweek Mojo from Scrapbook Steals. The sketch for Pearl #7 was one I really enjoyed and the layout I created had a visual "trick" that allowed me to place the pictures in a similar fashion to the sketch. You will notice that the blue color goes straight across vertically:


I wanted to add different embellishments, so I kept the papers simple and decided on only using cardstock and no actual patterned papers. I LOVE my Life's a Beach cartridge for my Cricut. In fact, after making that adorable title, I think I may just use a mermaid theme for my older daughter's next birthday...

I also worked on this adorable frame with Erica. We went to our LSS the other night and I told her she could pick one glitter paper and 3 pattered papers. What you find on this project was all from her choices. The frame is one I picked up some time last year in one of those $1 bins at Michaels. I painted it lavender and cut out the Tinkerbell for it, but Erica placed all the squares where she felt they needed to go (not bad for a 3 year-old, eh?). I think this turned out really well and am so happy my daughter enjoyed making it.


The patterned papers were all from Doodlebug Designs (Hello Spring line) and the Tinkerbell paper was from EK Success. Everything was stuck and sealed with Mod Podge (matte finish).

Here are some other layouts I did this week:


I'd say it was a pretty productive week and I am happy with how the layouts and frame all turned out (and the bottom 2 layouts were done using Bo Bunny - like I could go without doing something with their papers ~ *wink*...and the lines are Hello Sunshine and Alora). I think I may just love the heart font from Rock Princess that I used for "Wagon Full of Cousins". Any time I can get scrappy and be creative always leaves me feeling good about my accomplishments when I am done. I look forward to the day my girls each get their scrapbooks and look through all the fun moments and smile at all the captured memories.

And...this week I picked up a new line from Bo Bunny. I got the kit for Apple Cider (I love anything fall-themed...especially to do the pages for my own wedding album).





No comments:

Post a Comment